Subject: [Leica] What do real patriots do?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Apr 21 09:54:41 2006

Tina Manley offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] What do real patriots do?

> Maybe it was because I showed up on Easter Sunday with bluejeans on.  She
> could have been the head of the fashion police at that church ;-)<<

Tina,
When we were kids my mom always had our "Sunday go to church" clothes set
aside for just that purpose... "only to wear when going to Sunday school"
And as soon as we were home after church those clothes were set aside for
the next time for church.

As followed when we became adults we dressed " going to church appropriate."
However, I could never understand why it was necessary to be "wearing
appropriate clothes" to enter a place of worship.

I mean, if you weren't properly attired did it mean "the Great Spirit"
wouldn't hear our prayers or was it to show the congregation, " our dress
code meant our prayers would be heard??"

Quite frankly getting all dressed-up to go church is a crock! Was a
long-time ago and still is today simply because it's being a bloody
hypocrite to do so.

The stupid woman challenging you should actually have been only too glad to
have someone wishing to attend the church service rather than making a
decision on your clothing! A great example of a "good Christen!" Bull!

Once you've had one occasion of being face down to the ground and saying
prayers like you've never done before hoping the next whiz through the
greenery isn't going to be low enough to take yer head off! You understand
the colour of clothing, ragged or otherwise doesn't matter one damn thing!

Clothing has never been part of my believing in the Great Spirit because if
I didn't believe, naked or dressed, I'd surely not be here today!

ted

Replies: Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Ted Grant: Clotheshorse)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] What do real patriots do?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] What do real patriots do?)
Message from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] What do real patriots do?)
Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] What do real patriots do?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] What do real patriots do?)