Subject: [Leica] A shot of T
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Apr 19 12:34:27 2006

True enough. Which brings up an intriguing, I think, and only tangentially
related thought - so what else is new?

A week or two ago a bunch of engineering students came into the New Office
here to meet with some of the photographers to talk about what kinds of
things the photographers wanted for their cameras that the engineers could
be working on. Apparently the shooters talked about things like longer
battery life, better dust and moisture seals, and blah blah blah. So before
the kids left, I pulled a couple of them aside and said, 'if you want to
think about camera related problems, think about completely redesigning
cameras. The cameras being used now are film cameras with electronics jammed
in them, but you kids have the opportunity to reinvent them entirely. Think
about form and function, the ergonomics. Cameras could be completely
different shapes, with totally different functional configurations. Go for
it!'

On 4/19/06 3:21 PM, "Richard" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:

> Of course, we know THAT!
>
> but it is less fun than to imagine if we only have some super skills, lens,
> eyes, equipments and films and...
>
> At 12:17 PM 4/19/2006, you wrote:
>
>> All you have to do, Richard, is stop thinking about what you're hauling
>> and
>> everyone else will stop thinking about it; that and be a bit sneaky at
>> times. ;-)
>>

>> On 4/19/06 3:06 PM, "Richard" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Peter, I know what the secret is. Not that I can do the secret :-) and it
>>> has nothing to do with the B&W conversion, but you know that.
>>>
>>> People like Ted and B.D., they can haul a hunking giant like the Speed
>>> Graphics and no one will notice...

>>> e
>>>
>>> the
>>> secret