Subject: [Leica] OT. sort of - Infra red film and focusing
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Apr 16 15:22:11 2006

Hi Aram,

As Don wrote, modern Leica lenses (apo) do not need refocusing with IR,
which is why they do not have that marking. I shot quite a bit of IR in
2001-2003 and never bothered with any focus corrections.

The best vehicle for IR film is a non-SLR camera like a Leica M or a
Rolleiflex, where you are not looking through a lens with a very dark
filter. But it should work fine on the R8, you will just need to compose
your shot before putting on a filter (assuming you are using real IR
filters and not just regular red ones like 25 or 29).

Nathan