Subject: [Leica] OT. sort of - Infra red film and focusing
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Apr 16 08:15:00 2006

Aram,
Unless the lens is apochromatically corrected then you will have to refocus
for best results.  On a lens with an aperture scale, focus, then shift the
focus point in the direction of infinity about two f-stop markings.  That is
the average of six lenses I just looked at in the focal length range of
35-50mm.  For the autofocus camera, if the AF can be turned off then shift
in the direction of infinity a little bit.

Also, generally considered good practise is to use middle to small apertures
such as F8 to F11 to cover up any focusing errors.  Of course infinity
remains infinity.

If I remain motivated, I might use my 180 APO with some color IR film that
came my way.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com