Subject: [Leica] Touch typing keyboards
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Apr 13 10:43:57 2006

At 01:17 PM 4/13/06 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>Now, my confession - That Kaypro was the one time in my journalism career
>that I knowingly took a "freebee," or discount. A notice from PR Newswire
>appeared on a bulletin board at Newsday, a notice from the PR firm Hill and
>Knowlton as I recall, offering a very steep discount to reporters interested
>in purchasing Kaypros. And I jumped and a few other people who saw the PC
>handwriting on the wall, jumped at it. I knew it was wrong at the time,
>but... To the best of my recollection I never wrote about the Kaypro, I only
>wrote on it, but still - Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! :-(
>
>P.S. I'll bet Bill Buckley got a discount too. :-)

I doubt it.  Buckley does not take discounts for anything though he once
did obtain a really decent sextant for a Video Course he made on celestial
navigation -- and he then returned it once the course was done, together
with a check for the rental fee.  I recognize that Buckley is a bit of an
oddity, but he is wealthy enough to avoid even the appearance of
impropriety.  A long-ago acquaintance of mine was his driver for a time and
spoke most highly of his probity.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!