Subject: [Leica] Chief execs who...KILL
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Tue Apr 11 23:15:54 2006

>Both Kennedy and Bush I saw service in the Pacific but I am unaware that
>either ever conducted any sort of operation against the enemy -- Kennedy
>got his both sunk through incapability while Bush I got himself shot down.

Mark,
Bush 1 flew 58 combat missions in the Pacific during WWII, he was shot down
after completing a successful bombing mission on a Japanese radio
installation.  As his bombs hit their target I'm sure that
he killed some of the enemy on that mission.  GHW Bush was the youngest Navy
aviator to serve during WWII and received the Distinguished Flying cross for
the mission that he had successfully
completed when he was shot down.
NF

Replies: Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Chief execs who...KILL)