Subject: [Leica] Re:DSLR question OT
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Sat Apr 8 19:41:01 2006

Chris & Jayanand,

I am not repeating the opinions of "some internet Guru" , but am going by
side by side tests that I have done with both cameras.  What you consider a
usable image and what I consider a usable image
are apparently two different things.  I wanted the Nikon to compare
favorably with the Canon, simply because I don't like Canon's dominance in
the DSLR market and up to 400 iso I find the two
comparable however above that speed in my opinion the Nikon falls short.
Product loyalty is fine and I hope that Nikon comes up with a body that
matches or surpasses the Canon product, but thus
far
I haven't seen it.  I have high hopes for the D200 but so far we haven't had
one in the store long enough to give one a fair test, ( we are getting very
few of them, one at a time,  and they don't stay
around very long).  I gave my advice on personal experience, not on here
say. If you don't agree with me that's OK, but I stand by my assessment and
until I see something to change that opinion my
recommendation stands.  You can take it or leave it, but that's the way I
see it.

Neal F

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:DSLR question OT)