Subject: [Leica] Leica sighting, or how I tripped on a rude person....
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Tue Apr 11 07:46:56 2006

I've had better experiences probably because I'm too shy to actually talk
to anyone but I often am stopped in the oddest places by interested Leica
people.  Last Sunday while boarding the bus in Bed-Stuy the bus driver
called after me.  Thinking something was wrong with my metro card I walked
back.  "Is that a Leica?" he inquired.  "Yes" I said removing it from my
neck to let him see.   I let him give it a good check over until some
passengers grumbled and he handed it back with a nod.

My wife isn't shy.  Last summer in the local CVS drug store in Borum Hill
there was a guy with his family standing in line at the register sporting a
new M7.  Julie went right over and struck up a conversation; she thinks I
need other camera people to play with.  The bearer of the camera was none
other then Gilles Peress.  I commented that perhaps I wouldn't mind
traveling with him, taking a few months off.  She wasn't pleased.

Chris S.