Subject: [Leica] Birthday weekend-
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Apr 10 17:13:12 2006

At 06:37 PM 4/10/2006, you wrote:
>Also, I find this kind of shoot fascinating. Granted, the locale isn't
>exotic, and it is tiring work. But 1177 images later, I'm happy. And as
>Susan Meiselas says - "far away is not a place." :-)

My response had nothing to do with exotic or not.  And "far away" has
absolutely nothing to do with it.  It was just my observation that
the people in your photographs seemed more relaxed and less obviously
aware of the camera after #81.  That's just my opinion.  It's not a
criticism.  All of your photos will be wonderfully received by the
family.  I just prefer the later photos and that's 1/4 of the
photos!  You turned my comments on your work into a criticism that I
did not intend.  I don't see anything in my comments that implies
that local photographs are not interesting or fascinating.  I just
sympathized with the fact that you had 18 family members to work with
and satisfy.  That's what I don't envy.

CHILL!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP