Subject: [Leica] New Panasonic/Leica
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Apr 2 06:47:17 2006

Paul,
The Digilux 2 is still a capable performer, 16X20's are very doable
especially if you keep the ISO down to 100.  It is a little long in the
tooth but if you can buy it for 500 quid then sell it for the same you might
do just fine.  On the other side, if you bought a 20D it is on the
depreciation side as the 30D is out and the 20D has not hit equilibrium yet.

On the flip side, if you could find a D200 Nikon with whatever kit lens is
available snap it up, I have seen just the body go for $1800 U.S. as it is
virtually unobtainable just now.  Nikon keeps sending out various kits in
very small quantities: today you can find one with the 18-200, tommorrow it
is with the 18-70.

Also, the Olympus E-1 has gotten to be really cheap and again, with care in
ISO choice is capable of good results.  Once used I believe the E-1 is close
to equilibrium and could be resold with little or no loss.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com