Subject: [Leica] Going to make the leap to DSLR Question
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Apr 1 08:59:46 2006

Go to www.adobe.com and download the free Adobe DNG converter - it handles
most RAW formats.
___
Sent with SnapperMail
www.snappermail.com

...... Original Message .......
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 06:39:43 -0800 Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> wrote:
"Gene, somewhere on the photo.net Nikon forum I noticed a free RAW
"converter that converts from Nikon's RAW format to .DNG
"
"Doug Herr
"Birdman of Sacramento
"http://www.wildlightphoto.com
"
"On Apr 1, 2006, at 6:06 AM, Grduprey@aol.com wrote:
"
"> Well I am going to finally make the leap today and get a DSLR, but I'm
"> down
"> to 2, the EOS 30D or the D-200.  I'm leaning toward the Nikon, I know,
"> can't
"> use my Leica R glass with it, but it looks to be the better box and I
"> have 2
"> Nikon lenses , old manual focus AI-S.  I have a question for the Nikon
"> digital
"> users, and anyone else for that matter.  A while back Nikon was
"> setting up their
"> dslrs be be able to use only their software, but I remember that they
"> were
"> going to reverse that so users could use the PS RAW software.  Can you
"> use the
"> Nikon in RAW and use the PS RAW software?  Or are you stuck with the
"> Nikon
"> product?
">
"> On the other hand I would like to use the Leica R glass, so you Canon
"> guys &
"> Gals can put in your 2 cents also.
">
"> Thanks,