Subject: [Leica] B.D.'s "Forget A couple of shots..."
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Mar 30 14:55:51 2006

On Mar 30, 2006, at 3:22 PM, Gregory Rubenstein wrote:

> Finally had to pipe up . . .
>
> I thought B.D.'s CIA  photo was wonderful -- so wonderful I shared
> the URL with some friends, including one hajib-wearing lady who
> could barely contain her laughter when she called from work to
> thank me for aiming the URL her way. She and others agreed that it
> was a wonderful image precisely because of the connotations. A few
> who commented by e-mail speculated that CIA was Culinary Institute
> of America. Yeah, the image is what you make of it. Good or bad.

a very good photo and obviously provacative...but like most, it takes
advantage of your preconceptions, plays on them, and likely confirms
them...

It's the rare photo that really challenges, and then changes your
preconceptions.

I feel that this one's success ultimately depends on collective
various preconceptions/stereotypes...I doubt that BD would have been
so happy he had a camera, if it showed Ms Anyone holding a book that
said CIA...

in fact BD,  would you, in that case, have noticed the book..?

Steve