Subject: [Leica] Another 50 for the Jeffster
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu Mar 30 14:28:41 2006

Van Stelten took hours trying to get the gummy 50-year-old grease out of my
Contax shutter when he was giving it a CLA. I have read that the shutter
suffers from the metal crystalizing over time. Also, the cameras seem to
have been hand made one by one, and their parts aren't all that
interchangeable. After playing with a few Kievs, I got my Contax IIa, and
the difference in workmanship was amazing.

Jeffery