Subject: [Leica] Another 50 for the Jeffster
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Thu Mar 30 14:20:21 2006

The shutter is a potential weak point (and unloved by
repairers), but otherwise, they are as tough as
anything.
The first "real" camera I ever saw was my
grandfather's Contax III with f2 Sonnar - it had
actually been my great-grandfather's camera
originally. I don't know what happened to it, which is
a real shame, but it lit a fire in me that hasn't gone
out.
Alternatives are the later Contaxes, the IIa and IIIa,
which have a redesigned shutter (I have a IIIa), or a
Kiev, which are effectively Soviet-made Contaxes -
they're cheap enough to throw away if the shutter
fails. The Contaxes are superbly engineered, but I
have to say I prefer using Leicas.

Nick

lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org