Subject: [Leica] Slidehow software, with narration
From: jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Wed Mar 29 09:07:23 2006

A few choices here:

1) iView Media Pro can do a slide show with a background audio track.  But
you cannot synch the audio accurately to the slides.  Same goes for iPhoto.

2) Now that iMovie supports HD, you should be able to create a movie with an
accurately synched sound track.

3) You could try the new podcast feature in Garage Band.  Jobs demonstrated
the feature at the last Macworld.  You can hand it a bunch of still images,
and narrate in synch.  No doubt you could add another track with music, etc.
I'm not sure about the max resolution.

4) The very best and most accurate way would be to use Final Cut Pro HD.
Basically, you'd be making a HD video.  You'd have all the power and control
within Final Cut, which is considerable.

I am still using iView Media Pro because it allows me to go from just a
folder of images to a slide show pretty quickly.  And another advantage is
that you can rearrange your slides any time - even right before your show.
With the movie making options above, you would have to rearrange, then save
your movie again.  And there would be significant issues keeping everything
in synch.  That said, I do use Final Cut Pro when I need the synched audio.

Bottom line is that when you are doing a slide show with synched audio,
you're basically making a movie.  So use a proper video editing tool. Final
Cut Pro is the very best.

--Jim Laurel