Subject: [Leica] Scanning Velvia film
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Mar 24 13:42:41 2006

At 04:20 PM 3/24/2006, you wrote:

>Tina, my understanding was that the new 2400 and 4800 have something
>that makes the ImagePrint RIP unneeded.  You obviously disagree....
>
>--Bob

Well, ImagePrint disagrees ;-)  They have all of the profiles for the
4800.  The Epson does a pretty good job with it's own profiles, but
one thing I was interested in with ImagePrint is their Phat Black ink
cartridge that you can use with both glossy and matte papers.  Every
time you switch the PhotoBlack and MatteBlack ink cartridges that
come with the 4800, you use up lots and lots of ink. If you're
printing on both surfaces like I am, it pays to use the Phat Black
and not switch.  I also like the split toning that you can do through
ImagePrint.  I don't know of a way to do split toning with the Epson
profiles.  It is expensive software and I read all I could about it
before I got it.  I'm still getting used to using it and the 4800 but
I'm very happy so far.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com