Subject: [Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu Mar 23 18:01:47 2006

Tomorrow is Friday. People will be buying and selling stuff on the LUG.
Perhaps we should reserve Fridays for talking about...things Leica. It would
be nice to have just one day a week where Leica and photography are the
items on the docket. I know that I can use my [Del] key, but there are days
that I wake up in the morning and Outlook tells me that there are 260 emails
in my Inbox, and nearly all are from the LUG and nearly all are about other
stuff. The subject up on the subject line is a plea for us to stop talking
about the OT Olympus, and it has turned into a thread far longer than the
Olympus thread. Is this not like cancer? Or weeds? Brian made the LUGforum
for people to go to pontificate. Would it not be ironic if people had to go
there to get away from the political, personal, and social rantings of the
LUG? I, for one, like the images produced by the people here BETTER than I
like their view of the world. I have my view of the world, and don't need
new ones. I can go to Pete's Bar across the street for views of the world,
women, breasts, etc. Sometimes I just want to see the work of photographers,
either behind the camera or in the darkroom or talking about what they like
in photography.
Just Fridays, though. For Saturday through Thursday, we can all go nuts.
Conveniently, Brian will give us the same opening bell and closing bell. How
about a Friday w/o rants?

Just a thought.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE)