Subject: [Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Mar 23 18:34:39 2006

At 09:01 PM 3/23/2006, you wrote:
>Tomorrow is Friday. People will be buying and selling stuff on the LUG.
>Perhaps we should reserve Fridays for talking about...things Leica. It would
>be nice to have just one day a week where Leica and photography are the
>items on the docket.

Jeffery -  Just to put things in perspective, I belong to way too
many e-mail lists - about 30 at last count - all supposedly about
some aspect of photography.  The LUG has more real conversation about
photography, the meaning of photography, and the actual taking of
photographs than all of the others combined!!  Just try something
like PhotoForum for awhile and you'll come to appreciate how well we
stay on topic at the LUG!

Then there are those lists like PhotoNewsNetwork (Pro, Digital,
Wedding, Architecture -and don't dare stray into another field!)
where the moderators jump in and stomp anybody who strays off topic,
but those lists are very stiff and professional with no fooling
around.  Educational at times but boring!  I feel like I'm at a
seminar sometimes. Give me the LUG anyday.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE)