Subject: [Leica] OT:Canon EOS 1v
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Mar 18 16:43:26 2006

Feli,
The body itself can withstand weather and debris being thrown at you that
you would not stand.  However, only selected lenses are so sealed: typically
the fast L lenses such as newer 16-35, 70-200, and the L telephoto's.  The
35 F1.4 is well built but no gaskets at the lens mount.  With that said, I
have not had any issues taking the 35 F2 or the 24 F2.8 in some pretty nasty
weather.  Anyway, with the pricing on those lenses, they can be considered
semi-disposable.  I have had mine since they came out and it just keeps
winding on.

If you are predisposed to migrate to digital, then all the 1 deriviatives
are built to the same standard.

It doesn't really matter, but the Pentax LX was the first "pro" camera that
emphasized it weather sealing.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com