Subject: [Leica] 7 calves
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Mar 14 22:27:30 2006

, so I
> thought "oh this is kind of neat I'll keep focusing and shooting."
>
> That was until he eventually was right in my face so to speak and licked
> the
> lens before I realized he'd come as close as he was. I jumped and that
> spooked the heck out of him and off he went on the run.
>
> I on the other hand had a gooey lens to clean. So a good thing you had a
> fence for protection. :-)
>
> Nice shot. :-) Future steaks on the hoof! ;-)
>
> ted

And you didn't have a UVa filter like the camera store guy said you had to
have in case you had a cow shoot!

Those cow tongues are highly textured I think that's a personal endorsement
for the coatings on those Leicas lenses. Which did not always have a great
rep. like in 1933 I think it was. Some of my shots came out way soft. Which
is why they could not always got such top people to back them if I remember
right. And I've got a rare memory like an elephant steak.
Ted I hope your not crossing the channel to Vancouver to visit us all on my
account!  I'll sure think of you when I'm surrounded by Canadians.!

Mork from New York

Mark Rabiner