Subject: [Leica] 7 calves
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Mar 13 15:25:05 2006

Sonny showed:Future steaks! ;-)
http://www.sonc.com/Seven_Calves_looking_at_Me_Through_Barbed_Wire.htm
> > http://tinyurl.com/pwt7r

Hi Sonny,
It's a good thing there's a fence between you and the critters or they'd be
right up close and licking the lens! ;-) Even though I did some of my
growing up on the farm I never related to how curious calves can be and how
close they'll come providing you are down at their level.

When I shot the book on cowboys, "Men of the Saddle." one day I'm shooting
away looking through the R camera and the calf was walking toward me, so I
thought "oh this is kind of neat I'll keep focusing and shooting."

That was until he eventually was right in my face so to speak and licked the
lens before I realized he'd come as close as he was. I jumped and that
spooked the heck out of him and off he went on the run.

I on the other hand had a gooey lens to clean. So a good thing you had a
fence for protection. :-)

Nice shot. :-) Future steaks on the hoof! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 7 calves)