Subject: [Leica] Salgado Advertisement
From: gcr910 at msn.com (Gregory Rubenstein)
Date: Mon Mar 13 10:59:06 2006

Anyone see the Allianz television ad featuring Sebastiao Salgado?

The company is running a series titled, "What's Your Question." The tone is
reminiscent of the advocacy ads run by energy companies back in the '80s. I
spotted the ad on CNBC -- a business channel. Yes, it is black and white.

Imagine LUG folks might have thoughts about Salgado appearing in such an ad,
as well as the message. I liked the fact that a multi-national corporation
felt him a credible "spokesman," and also liked the link to business; I seem
to recall he began his professional life as an economist. A full-circle
career, one might say.

Greg Rubenstein