Subject: Leica M6, M1911 and the male customization urge was Re: [Leica] Couple of E-330 shots -- Naming the Leicapus - Olyca?
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Mar 11 22:30:04 2006

Dante,

The customization you describe is nothing compared to what Harley
motorcycle buyers do--I read somewhere that the typical customer spends
another 50% to 100% of the price of the bike on aftermarket accessories.
So our little Leica additions pale in comparison.

When I had my Leica M's, I did have Tom's soft releases on them as a
matter of course, as well as his Rapid Grip. I find a Leica M difficult
to hold comfortably without some kind of grip, and Tom's was by far the
best out there. I also put on a film reminder on the back of the camera.
I think all three modifications made the camera more usable, the
cosmetics were irrelevant for me (just as I never cared about whether my
bodies matched my lenses w.r.t. black vs. chrome--I did not care as long
the price was right :-))

Nathan