Subject: [Leica] Daily Dose of Spring XXV Daffodils with Plum petals
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Mar 9 12:59:30 2006

Walt,
If you were to arm yourself to hunt men I wouldn't choose a 9mm.  If you
want selective reduction of the herd then something with a very flat
trajectory or a very large bullet that deflects little would be a good
choice.  If non selective reduction is your goal then you would want
something more akin to the Timothy McVea choice.  :)

However, deer overpopulation is a real problem in many densly populated
states.  New Jersey has a huge problem akin to Daniels where nothing edible
is safe from the marauding mowers.  We could reintroduce wolves to the urban
population and some are trying birth control but so far the only way to
knock down deer populations is a long hunting season with does on the
license.  Bows are a good choice in an urban environment as they carry at
most a few hundred yards and if used fron a stand there is a only a very
remote chance of unintended harm.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com