Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica participation in 4/3rds format - OlympuLeic or LeicOlymp?
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Sun Mar 5 02:55:22 2006

B.D., it may well be that Gary already has the 14-54. In that case,
the 7-14 would make a wicked combination, especially at ISO
800 ...............

B.

On 4-mrt-2006, at 23:26, B. D. Colen wrote:

> If I were you, Gary, and I'm not ;-) - I'd got for the 11-22
> 2.8-3.5, or the
> 14-54, 2.8-3.5 - rather than the 7-14. Unless you do all your
> shooting in
> good light, getting the extra stop and half-stop is a definite
> plus, in
> addition to which the 7-14 is a monster in terms of size/weight if
> you're
> using it as a standard lens.
>
> B. D.
>

> On 3/4/06 5:13 PM, "bruce" <bruce@ralgo.nl> wrote:
>
>> Gary, thanks for your input .................. I am particularly
>> interested in your findings on the 7-14 lens. It's expensive, very
>> very special, I conclude.
>>
>> Await news ............. brief comparison of quality in relation to
>> one of your other "known" lenses.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> B.
>>
>> On 3-mrt-2006, at 2:41, Gary Todoroff wrote:
>>
>>> I just made the plunge and ordered today the Olympus E-330 DSLR and
>>> their
>>> Zuiko 7-14mm f4.0 lens (14-28mm equiv in 35mm)
>>> ( see http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/sys_lens_714mm.asp ). Also
>>> ordered
>>> the Oly 4/3 to Leica R adapter, so just might keep some of my R
>>> lenses.
>>>
>>> I wrote a review on eBay a few months ago about my Olympus C-8080
>>> and
>>> especially about the comparison between the DSLR market and the
>>> Electronic
>>> Viewfinder (EVF) crop of cameras that act more like rangefinders.
>>> The 8080
>>> handles more like an M body than most other digital cameras and is
>>> especially creative because of the tiltable EVF, just like the new
>>> E-330
>>> has. The review is at:
>>> http://reviews.ebay.com/Olympus-C-8080-Rangefinder-Camera-vs-DSLR-
>>> Approach_W
>>> 0QQugidZ10000000000004230
>>>
>>> The 8 mpix of the 8080 has been more than adequate for anything
>>> resembling
>>> photo journalism, so the 7.5 mpix of the E-330 should be OK, too.
>>> Even
>>> landscapes up to 12x18" are just fine with the very sharp lens of
>>> the 8080.
>>> For anything finer, like aerial photography, I'm still using the
>>> Hasselblad
>>> with film and then the Imacon Photo scanner - my "hybrid" approach.
>>> Going
>>> from 8 to 10 mpix in a 35mm type of digital camera is practically