Subject: [Leica] Price of Panasonic L1 dSLR
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Mar 2 20:37:17 2006

I just don't get how Panasonic on it's DSLR maiden voyage comes
up with such a crazy price point for a Panasonic branded 4/3 body
and a kit lens that's branded Leica (even if it might be a good one -
we'll see).

OK, it seems compact, and it has a shutter wheel and aperture
adjustment on the lens. There's something to be said for that, I
guess.

But they have nothing like the stable of lenses and accessories
and flash system and on and on of the Nikon and Canon SLR
system cameras.

What in the world are they thinking? or smoking?  Really, really
weird.

Scott