Subject: [Leica] Which one you prefer?- My answer
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Thu Mar 2 14:02:58 2006

Hi all,

And thank you very much for your comments, Jim, Bill, Adam, B.D. Colen, Ric
Carter, Jeffery, Greg, Barry, Ted, R. Clayton, Jimmy, Marty, Bruce,
Philippe, Peter Dzwig, Richard Taylor....it's a long list!

The picture was absolutely unposed, as Peter says it shows the couple being
themselves.

I was walking on a narrow street of the old Barcelona and I saw the couple
on the other side, I've react as fast as I can and I've taked first the
second picture (the horizontal), a few seconds later I've re - composed on
vertical. The couple was too absorb on his kiss that they didn't see me at
all.

The picture is absolutely improvisated, but I agree the Ted opinion that it
seems too cold. Sometimes, maybe casual pictures are not too much live if
they are too static, or too cold. I understand the Peter's question if  they
was posed, these pictures could approach the ones we see on a poster or on a
calendar...., but on this case was absolutely live, and I was lucky to have
no cars neither persons on the shot.

When I've look at the pictures, my first reaction was to prefer the
vertical, but when comparing, the horizontal has nice values too, for me it
tells the intention. I've tried to crop it but I've always preferred the
original composition. If I should keep one..., finally I'll choose the
vertical.

Anyway, when you have two pictures to decide which one is better, I think
that very probably neither of both is really good, because if you have some
really good on the hands you can easily decide.

Gracias and Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis

Hi all,

I've posted 2 pictures, and I'm not really decided which one I prefer. I'll
appreciate your comments, thanks for looking!

Both with Leica MP, Elmar M 2,8/50 mm (the latest), TMX 400

Saludos desde Barcelona,
Luis