Subject: [Leica] fixer cloudy, avoid hardener
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Thu Mar 2 11:22:53 2006

Adam,

Commercial labs might need film hardeners but when doing small volumes
of personal film (with care, no doubt) it is one more unnecessary
chemical. Stop bath is another avoidable, foul smelling, addition.
Running water between process and fix works very well. I am addicted to
hypo clearing agent though. Too much wash time in Florida's summer
version of cold water makes emulsion very touchy.

Walt

p.s. After Frank mentioned the Photographer's Fomulary fix was liquid I
went to their site and took a look. It appears they don't add hardener
either.

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] fixer cloudy, avoid hardener)