Subject: [Leica] Scanning with coolscan
From: graham at geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk (GeeBee)
Date: Wed Mar 1 14:57:04 2006

Hi Richard/Daniel,

It was the sky that was bugging me, I knew there was some
pixelation/graininess in the sky but it looks so much worse on an LCD screen
than my old monitor. I have always had the problem because of my tendency to
include large areas of sky but I had hoped the new scanner would improve
things. I have reworked it with Nikon software with Digital ICE and Digital
GEM enabled ( I couldn't see where switch them on in Vuescan) and I am happy
with the result. Hopefully  I have learned enough to be able to repeat the
process when I get some new stuff.
http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/l10.html

Thank you both for your help

--Graham