Subject: [Leica] Photographers Formulary Rapid Fix
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Wed Mar 1 11:58:01 2006

Jeff,

I use it for both film and paper.  Normally I make two liter working
solutions as per directions.  I shake up the stock so it is mixed-up and
pour off the amount I want.  I then add distilled water if I have it or
regular tap water if I don't.  At first the solution is turbid then the
turbidity dissipates in about 15 minutes.  Once I used it before letting
the turbidity dissipate and the results were the same.  The tap water where
I work is well filtered and treated.

If it is not clearing after mixing a working solution I would assume there
is something wrong with the batch or there is a water issue.

Chris S.