Subject: [Leica] Big screen LCD monitor advice please !
From: summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez)
Date: Tue Feb 28 06:40:12 2006

Hi Bruce
I should be looking at those. But the prices aren't near the under 1k range
yet. I have heard that the current LCDs can't match the stuff available from
the "golden age" of CRT monitors That's to say the 80s and 90s when big
screen monitors were made exclusivelyfor frigteningly expensive high end
work stations. My current Hiitachi and older nec XP21 aren't among those but
my even older CM2086 is. Unfortunately, it only works on one frequency and
I'm not about to pay an arm and a leg for a mediocre qualiity customized
card to drive it.  I think the Sonys may have been even better. They had
slow phosphorous and didn't need high refresh rates so I guess they could
afford to pour more money into the crt and save on the more expensive high
frequency circuitry.
Javier