Subject: [Leica] more gun portraits (let me know if you get tired of this)
From: bquinn at sgi.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Mon Feb 27 13:27:08 2006

Kyle,

I like the expressions and the body language in number three best. It says
something to me about the relationship between the people as well as between
the gun owners and their arms. I am very undecided about the cropping of the
bottom. To me number 2 is too tight. The arm chair in the lower left or
number
3 helps lead the eye to the main subject, as does the outstretched leg of the
woman on the left. The black whatever it is in the middle of the bottom edge
doesn't do a lot for me. I'd eliminate it. I've been sitting at my monitor
holding a legal pad long ways across the bottom of shot number three. Give
it a
try. You might like this shot better as a long and wide print with more of a
panoramic feel, with the chair edited out.  That, of course, takes away some
of
the environmental portrait aspect of the shot. I like it, but am really
undecided about how best to crop and frame it.

Barney