Subject: [Leica] more portraits: americans and their firearms
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Feb 26 22:32:09 2006

At 12:26 AM 2/26/2006 -0800, Tina Manley wrote:
>Kyle - If something comes up and you aren't able to make any of your
>appointments, I'm available ;-)  Just give me a couple of hours
>notice.  Great project!!

* Tina:  Please don't shatter my illusions.  Please don't tell me that in
between stints creating heartwarming humanitarian pictures of beautiful
people in third world countries, you shoot varmints in the woods.  :-)

* Kyle:  In all seriousness, you're on to something here.  People feel very
strongly about guns.  Some very strongly good about them, some very
strongly bad about them. Almost nobody is neutral.  So this project of
yours is going to grab people.  I do agree with the comments about pictures
in the living room and kitchen being best.  It's the guns juxtaposed with
the typical living quarters that gives the edge.  I like the kitchen shot
of the "Sapphic" couple best (yeah, I read the T-shirt).

--Peter

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] more portraits: americans and their firearms)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] more portraits: americans and their firearms)