Subject: [Leica] Panasonic dSLR with Leica glass
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Feb 26 15:40:31 2006

At 11:43 AM 2/26/2006 -0800, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
>That 5D still sounds good.

As does scanning film, except for the time spent. . .

Four thirds certainly got more viable today.  I'm going to seriously
consider the Sigma 30/1.4 for my E-1.  It may be heavy as the 14/54 zoom
(or a can of dog food), but it's here, it's fast, and it's real.  It seems
to perform well on C and N cameras.

As for the rest, it looks interesting, and the Leica 14-50 zoom with IS has
some appeal.  But  I've already got the Oly 14-54.  What I really wanted
was a 25/2 or 1.4 (50 equiv.)  I also wish the anti-aliasing filter on the
E-1 was a little less aggressive.

If someone comes out with an M-mount RF that has a longer base RF and a
less than 1:1 viewfinder so I can see the frame lines of focal lengths I
would most use, I'd seriously think of putting my dollars in that
basket.  The Leica DigiM would be great, but I doubt I can afford it.

Hmmm.  Scanning film still sounds good.  Except for the time spent. . .

(Da capo, ad infinitum. . .   :-)

--Peter