Subject: [Leica] toilets
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Fri Feb 24 10:59:13 2006

> I read recently that "Fountain" was voted the most influential art
> work of
> the 20th century by a panel of some 600 artists/historians/critics.

Doesn't surprise me. I've always thought Duchamp both invented and
killed off conceptual art there and then. What do any of the more
recent pieces - sharks in formaldehyde or whatever - say that Duchamp
didn't say? Once the idea becomes the art there's nowhere to go.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com