Subject: [Leica] Daily Dose of Spring XI
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Feb 22 19:10:55 2006

Don,

If it helps, what I'm seeing is fairly distinct "rings" in the
bokeh toward the bottom half of the photo. Some is in
the darker parts of the photo, but the rings sort of radiate
from the brighter OOF portions of the pic.

I use the term "rings" in contrast to a smooth transition
from one tonal range to another, if that's the right terminology.

Yeah, auto JPEG reduction from a TIFF can mess up a
pic. I have set upon OK settings with JAlbum, but it still
isn't all that great, and mastering this black art - well, right
now life just seems too short!  :-)

Scott