Subject: [Leica] Not a PAW, Macro Daisys
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Feb 22 19:01:54 2006

Greg,
As to dodging and burning, PS has a relatively awful tool.  I find it a lot
easier to go to a new layer and paint whatever I want to be darker black,
you then adjust the opacity of the layer to get the effect you want.  For a
general darkening of the edges you can fill a new layer with black then
erase the center to whatever looks good.  Again, adjust the opacity to make
it look the way you want it to look.

Another way is to create a new adjustment layer, use a levels layer and
adjust the sliders to darken(lighten) the whole image.  You can then use
white (black)paint(air brush tool, soft light, 10% flow, large diffuse
brush) to lighten up those areas that are too dark.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com