Subject: [Leica] Random evil thoughts
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Feb 21 19:43:55 2006

It struck me that with film volume declining both in sales and in
processing, a lot of places that do C-41 processing will cease doing so.
Much the same as E-6, there is a certain daily volume that the machines need
to do to keep the chemistry in control.  Also, many places do C-41 as a
means to lure traffic into the store: this is the case for most drug
stores.  The evilness of this thought is many are shooting C-41 as an easy
alternative to processing B&W film.

So, those of you who use C-41, how busy are your labs?

Next, this is really old news, but some of my favorite used dealers seem to
have less and less stock.  Probably due to the auction site but I find it
truly annoying to have to deal with an auction where you don't know the
price until it is over.  No joy there, for gambling LV makes more sense and
you will possibly have more luck.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) (C-41 Processing [was Re: [Leica] Random evil thoughts])