Subject: [Leica] silver vs pixels (now: b&w printer)
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon Feb 20 15:48:26 2006

Jeffery Smith asked:

 > Is there a good B&W digital printer out there that doesn't cost a fortune
 > and doesn't go belly up after 30 prints?

This may sound too simple but I am having great success with an Epson
C86 (it has been superseded by the C88 but can still be found on ebay
for around $60 or so) and the EZ Inkset from
http://www.inksupply.com/utez.cfm (scroll down to "WORKFLOW INSTRUCTIONS
Making Prints with MIS EZ B&W Ultratone Inks on an Epson C82, C84 or
C86").  See in particular http://www.inksupply.com/c86_comments.cfm  .

I print on Epson Enhanced Matte which I buy pretty cheaply from
http://www.atlex.com/  .  The max size is 8.5x11 but in most cases now
that is good enough for me, particularly when the print is put in a
Light Impressions black metal frame behind (plexi)glass.

--Bob Baron / Oklahoma City