Subject: [Leica] met on the road 2
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Sun Feb 19 16:44:23 2006

Hi LUG,
        It has really been cold here at the edge of the wilderness, but
today I
talked my wife into going skiing again.  Again we met some interesting
things on the road.  The buffalo were well off the road but the Mountain
sheep were down by and on the road.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lee-Hermann-album/Ram_on_the_road1

One might wonder what this guy was doing standing in the middle of the
road.  Licking up salt water from the sand sprinkled on the road by the
snowplow, I guess

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lee-Hermann-album/Ram_licking_saltwater1

In one of the pastures down in the valley there were a bunch of cows in the
field and I thought of Graham's inflatable cows.  Really they are cow elk
who have decided that this pasture is probably to open for the wolves to
come into.  While skiing this year we have found the leavings of several
wolf meals.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lee-Hermann-album/Elk_in_pasture1

All these were taken with a 50 mm Summicron.  There were two bald eagles in
one tree at the head of the valley, but they look like two black and white
dots in the photo.  I think using a 400 mm would have gotten them well.

Hope you enjoy.
Lee