Subject: [Leica] Maybe OT, Canon Serenar in LTM
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Thu Feb 16 19:04:20 2006

Contact Peter Kitchingman, e-mail: flotsam@eon.net.au. Super nice guy and
very informed. His website is http://www.canonrangefinder.com/ , but not
active right now.

GREG LORENZO <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> wrote:  A frozen package was waiting on
the front step for me when I arrived home tonight. Inside was a Canon
Serenar 85/2 lens in LTM and Canon, 85 Finder, original front and rear caps
and original leather lens case.

This is my first Canon lens and with a serial number of 53028 and 'Made in
Occupied Japan' engraving I suspect that it is from the early 1950's.

Is anyone up on these lenses, as to optical formula, approximate date of
manufacture, etc.? I expect it to be a fairly soft focus lens good for
portraits of older women.

It is -40 here with windchill so taking it out for a few test shots is going
to have to wait until Saturday.

Regards,

Greg