Subject: [Leica] Low rent macro option #1
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Feb 15 10:04:54 2006

I'm about to head on down to a local photo store and pick up a
cheap BR-2A reversal ring for my Nikon gear. I'll reverse a 50
or my 45/2.8 AI-P and stop down for a bit of DOF (still not
much, I read).

Focusing is supposed to be futzy, but I'm in no real hurry. I'm
really as much interested in experimenting with lighting, and am
planning to try shooting a couple of AB800 strobes through a
white sheet to make for a large diffusion pannel.

The project shaping up in my head is, don't laugh, to shoot
a bunch of closeup shots of feminine hygeine products, maybe
all nestled in black velvet. LOL.  Another project on the theme
of "beautiful photos of ugly things."  My POMO (post modern)
fine art shooter buddy up in NYC has given his blessing on the
project, so what the hell!

Won't be Leica shots, but if anything comes of it, I'll post
the pics.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Low rent macro option #1)