Subject: [Leica] CS2 and noise reduction.
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Feb 9 09:45:06 2006

>At 04:50 PM 2/8/2006, you wrote:
>>  I no longer download raw files from the card, but
>>use the DNG converter to do the down loading, and bring the files to my
>>hard
>>drive as DNG files.
>>
>>B. D.
>
>I agree.  DNG is great.  All of mine get converted to DNG
>immediately.  That happens to be the file format Leica has chosen
>for Raw, too ;-)
>
>Tina

I also make one backup to DNG of my Canon RAW files. The Canon files
don't get compressed much compared with Nikon or Olympus RAW files,
but I figure having one more losslessly compressed copy in another
format that might be more easily readable 20 years from now can't
hurt. I know most of my commercial photos will be uninteresting years
from now, but I want the family photos to survive, so that my kids
and grandkids can make the choice to dump them or not.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  |[ ]|     http://www.archiphoto.com

Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] CS2 and noise reduction.)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] CS2 and noise reduction.)