Subject: [Leica] CS2 and noise reduction.
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Feb 8 13:50:41 2006

To whom it may concern:
You most definitely want DNG - which is Adobe's converter from camera
specific RAW format to Adobe's "digital negative" format. Forget the fact
that Adobe is encouraging you to go that way, and concentrate instead on the
fact that DNG files can be stored with lossless compression, which for me
means reducing the size of a RAW file down to four or five megs without
damaging the file. This means that I can get two, three, or even four files
- depending on the camera I'm using - in the storage space where by storing
RAW I can only get one. I no longer download raw files from the card, but
use the DNG converter to do the down loading, and bring the files to my hard
drive as DNG files.

B. D.