Subject: [Leica] CS2 and noise reduction.
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Feb 8 17:05:41 2006

B.D.

Well said!

-----Original Message-----
From: B. D. Colen [mailto:bdcolen@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:28 PM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] CS2 and noise reduction.

The real noise issue, I suspect, is not noise itself - we all lived with
grain, after all. Instead, it is the distribution of noise. That is,
where
grain was evenly distributed across an image, because, of course, it
made up
the image, noise is not evenly distributed, and therefore becomes much
more
apparent than it might otherwise be - and more objectionable. I suspect
that
as time passes and we become used to the idiosyncrasies of digital, we
will
be less and less aware of, and bothered by noise and other digital
artifacts. Of course I also suspect that with each passing year, if not
month, there will be less and less noise and artifacts to see. ;-)

B. D.