Subject: [Leica] given up: now spot metering
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Wed Feb 8 14:07:01 2006

Hi Alistair,

Some twenty plus years ago, I purchased a Pentax spotmeter, to
supplement the readings from my original Weston.

Wherever I intend/ed to take photographs, I meter/ed the
environment ........... measured the skin tones (sometimes on
myself), plus the highs and the lows in the environs. I then fix the
setting in function of which area of the image I wish to be best
exposed in relation to the others.

And thereafter, just watch (naked eye, mine) the changes in the
light. I find it easiest in the tropics ............... and worst in
this land, where the clouds are constantly changing the light--

B.