Subject: [Leica] CS2 and noise reduction.
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Feb 7 14:10:52 2006

Does anyone ever get tired of needing yet another program or plugin to
accomplish something? Certain things I can understand, but noise
management is pretty central to photography. You'd think PS CS would
have some good tools.

Sorry, I'm whining. I recently downloaded a highly recommended software
app (not photo related but mainstream). I decided it wasn't the route I
wanted to go, so I tried to uninstall the demo version. First I'm
prompted by several screens to buy the pro version of the software for
$50. Another screen implored me to by the non-pro version for $40. It
was "for my own good". Subsequently I was prompted with a one time offer
of a $10 discount. Finally a coupon for yet another $20 off popped up.
Uninstall should have been "hardsell.exe". Who knows what evil now lurks
inside my PC. Ironically, that's what the software I downloaded was
supposed to tell me.

DaveR