Subject: [Leica] Stage photo
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Feb 7 02:17:37 2006

I like this a lot:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/LJPics/020706/crop0007.jpg

Relevant to LUG, there are certain things worth mentioning:
- M7, Summilux 75, light metering is just set aperture until the shutter
speed is 1/60 or faster and shoot. With all the changing lights on the
stage, and that the lights being uneven and all, neither the MP or the M7
has more than 1 or 2 bad exposure pics in the 7 rolls I shot so far.

- Tri X ASA800, Xtol 1+3 (thanks Mark for insisting). I think the grain and
sharpness is quite acceptable. I guess again, the proof is when I make
large wet print. I think the tonal range is decent. So much for do not push
Tri X.

- Scanned using the Nikon LS-4000 Vuescan with the setting I mentioned at
an earlier post to Greg. Very minimum Photoshop work to de-dust etc. So
much for it's "impossible" to scan B&W negs and that Collier Effect
exaggerates the grain etc.

It has taken me many many rolls now, but I think I am getting my workflow
consistent that I can get good negs with the grain and tonal range I want,
plus minimizing the dust and water spot issues that hounded me for many
months. None of which is "rocket science," but more with consistency and
being careful.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] Stage photo)
Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Stage photo)