Subject: [Leica] I have given up
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon Feb 6 20:35:36 2006

At 10:24 PM 2/6/06 -0600, Matt Powell wrote:

>The basic digital P&S you're using now probably has tortuously slow
>and imprecise autofocus, five-second shutter lag and nothing but a
>fuzzy LCD screen for viewing, right? Those will never make anyone
>happy - would you have warmed to film in the same situation?

Well, its a Rollei D41 Com of three or four years vintage, a clone of some
Japanese digital P&S.  The autofocus is great and fast, the shutter lag is
there but not of five-seconds duration, and the screen is pretty good.  My
gripe is with the processing of the images, not with the taking of them.

I do admit that my Lieca IIIc has a better RF, niftier autofocus, no
appreciable shutter-lag, and a really great VF, but I can't figure out how
to put that chip into the film compartment to make it go digital ...

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505