Subject: [Leica] re: Epson RD-1
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Feb 5 07:03:30 2006

>It'll depreciate by 50% in the first 6 months and likely
>malfunction by 12 months.

Massive depreciation is inevitable with every digital camera. Malfunction?
I've heard of several rangefinder adjustement issues (that could be
adjusted), but otherwise what I've heard the cameras run well.

>I'd spend the money on film and a top end film scanner.

not sure... I have just scanned about 20 rolls yesterday and today (my
scanner take entire rolls, still 1hr/roll for 6MB files), have another 25
processed rolls hanging in my dryer closet, and not talking about the still
unsouped 60 or more rolls in my fridge... enough time to think about the
advantages of digital photography... and a D200... or a R-D1... or a 20D...
or a E-1...

Anyway it's a kind of special pleasure to see the partially old pictures
coming out. Some are even from 2003 but I do not care.

Didier